We're the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water.
Every role across the Trust plays it's part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions. We are now looking for a creative Marketing Assistant to join us at Gloucester. The post is 30 hours per week Monday - Friday.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Marketing & Communications function at the museum across two sites – Ellesmere Port and Gloucester – by implementing the Marketing strategy. Working on a broad range of projects from marketing campaigns to digital updates and onsite signage, you must have previous marketing experience, be flexible, quick to adapt and comfortable managing a number of tasks at any one time.
• Assistance with Marketing and Comms Campaigns and other projects
• Website updates
• Social Media
• Email & Digital Marketing
• Design and print management for promotional materials
• Research and Reporting
• Participate in public events, meetings and exhibitions promoting the museums and the Canal & River Trust.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Marketing Degree or equivalent qualifications /experience
• Experiencing in managing digital communications
• A positive team player
• Proactive and dynamic
• Flexible and adaptable and able to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise workload
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with staff, volunteers and customers
• Interest in canals and museums or visitor attractions
• Relevant experience in an arts organisation and/or visitor attraction is desirable
• Experience of working in a marketing role is desirable
In addition to your annual salary, we can offer a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme arrangement, and numerous other employee benefits, including several salary sacrifice benefits.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors
of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
When you join the Canal & River Trust you become a member of an engaged team working to preserve our heritage for future generations. Come and put your skills to use on our waterways.
Find out more about the work we do on our website: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us