The Canal & River Trust is one of the UK’s largest charities, we maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, along with museums, archives and the country’s third largest collection of protected historic buildings – preserving them for future generations. Our waterways are exciting, vibrant places to work.
We currently have a vacancy for a Moorings Sales Manager.
The job holder will be responsible for the sales and marketing of long term moorings within the Central London region to generate maximum financial return. They will act as the main mooring customer interface and assist other members of the Moorings team to deliver customer driven service and product improvements within a safe environment.
This vacancy could be based at either our Docklands or Little Venice office.
Sales / Maximising income
- Achieve excellent sales performance by effective re-letting of vacant berths, optimising mooring space/berthing arrangements on site, applying appropriate market led prices to meet the business plan targets.
- Identify need and help to secure budgetary approval for site or berth improvements which will grow overall profitability.
- Develop robust and effective communication methods to help deliver excellent customer service.
- Contribute to the evaluation of customer feedback and respond in accordance with defined customer service standards.
- Maintain effective CRM system to ensure all customer information is current.
- Carry out frequent assessments of competitors products, services and charges to ensure compliance with fair trading practice and competition law.
Develop strong awareness of market forces (supply and demand) within defined geographical area.
- Analyse auction data to make informed decisions on mooring pricing.
Marketing and Promotion
- Seek and implement ways to publicise and promote mooring vacancies (beyond just using CRT's website) to widen awareness and appeal of the trusts moorings.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing Exec to implement promotional offers/incentives to encourage sales.
- Develop and implement mechanism to record effectiveness of promotional offers.
- Liaise with contracts team to ensure site maintenance issues are recorded and dealt with within defined performance standards.
- Plan and organise site clean-up programmes as required following defined procedures.
- Ensure local rules (site rules) are being properly enforced
- Input into site development plans and improvement projects.
- Plan and deliver moorer meetings at premium sites on an annual basis.
- Input into enforcement activities in response to non-paying customers/illegally moored boaters.
- Effectively manage budgets and demonstrate good understanding of financial performance of each mooring site within defined area.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Certificate or Diploma in Customer Service - Desirable
-Project management - Desirable
-Sales/marketing/communication certificates/diplomas or equivalent course attainments - Desirable
Additional to your salary you will also receive £390.00 per month Car Cash Allowance & an Inner London Allowance.
We also offer a generous contributory DC Pension plan, and excellent holidays. You can learn more about the employee excellent benefits we offer here: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/our-benefits
You will be working with a great team to deliver a very important service offering our customers across the waterway a positive experience and a desire to return.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Find out more about the work we do and opportunities we have on our website: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us