We're the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water.
Every role across the Trust plays it's part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
We currently have a temporary 12 month vacancy for a part time Customer Support Administrator.
The job holder will provide the business with customer services and administration support, assist all functional departments in achieving Canal & River Trust’s aims to increase the number of people using the waterways and improve safety whilst protecting the heritage and integrity of the inland waterways network.
Working hours will be discussed during interview, Wednesday to Friday 8:30 - 5: 00 would be preferred.
• Identifies typical areas of major work responsibility and key business processes. Your personal objectives describe tasks specific to you.
• Comply with Canal & River Trust’s Health & Safety policy and defined standards. Undertake audits, risk assessments, report incidents, accidents and near misses.
• Deal with enquiries from customers, suppliers and a wide range of colleagues demonstrating excellent communication, verbal or written. Take messages and convey information as required, acting appropriately at all times, upholding confidentiality as necessary. Recognise and escalate issues appropriately in a timely manner ensuring compliance with standards set for customer contact to ensure customer queries are dealt with effectively and closed satisfactorily.
• Using SAP raise purchase orders as directed for supply of goods, ensuring receipt and adherence to agreed purchasing systems and procedures. Support the business with SAP input and key administration tasks eg CRM, stoppages, notifications & invoicing.
• Book training and raise orders when required.
• Regularly update website and social media within CRT standards.
• Deal with event applications within defined guidelines.
• Work with and support volunteers in the office and at Welcome Stations as required.
• Undertake ad-hoc tasks and assist with projects as required, completing work within agreed deadlines.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
Additional to your salary we also offer a generous contributory DC Pension plan, and excellent holidays. You can learn more about the employee excellent benefits we offer here https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/our-benefits
You will be working with a great team to deliver a very important service offering our customers across the waterway a positive experience and a desire to return.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Find out more about the work we do and opportunities we have on our website: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us